Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT – DRAINSTORE.COM
1. All quotations or estimates, either written or verbal will be valid for 30 days.
2. All items ordered shall be paid for in full by cleared funds 10 days prior to delivery to site. A 25% deposit is required upon placing the order unless negotiated prior to order.
3. Drainstore.com accept all forms of payment including all major debit and credit cards. However Drainstore.com will pass on any charges levied by the relevant Card Services Department in relation to payment by credit or charge cards to the customer. Fees for MasterCard and Visa credit card transactions are 2.5%. There are no fees for payment taken by debit cards. Drainstore.com do not accept payment by American Express charge cards.
4. All sewage treatment plants, pumping stations or pipework of any sort will usually include the delivery charge to site on the mainland in the UK. However, offloading is the responsibility of the customer in all cases. Should specific guidance be required on the offloading of any item, then Drainstore.com will be happy to supply this information. Should an additional delivery charge be levied on Drainstore.com by the manufacturers due to location, Drainstore will contact you to advise of the charge. In the case of onward transportation overseas or off the mainland, Drainstore will normally deliver to a port or freight forwarder.
5. Please contact Drainstore.com should you wish to have any item delivered on a vehicle with a HIAB or other offloading facilities as additional charges will be levied by the manufacturers.
6. Sewage treatment plants, pumping stations and rainwater harvester systems are usually supplied with pedestrian rated covers unless specified.
7. An additional cost will usually be levied for the supply of a vehicle rated cover. Please ask for the costs at the time of order to ensure that the correct cover is supplied.
8. Specialist guidance by a structural engineer may be required to ensure that any vehicle rated cover is installed correctly. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the vehicle rated cover is installed correctly.
9. Should the item be delivered on a vehicle with a HIAB crane at extra cost, this will be offloaded to the nearest hard standing area only.
10. Items may occasionally be delivered on a pallet. Please note that should the item be required to be transported forward, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that the dimensions of the pallet are taken into consideration.
11. Where a delivery charge is not included in the cost of the item then this charge will always be listed as a separate item in the quotation or estimate for the supply of the goods.
12. Customers can expect delivery of the goods within a few days and agreed at the time of order.
13. In most cases the item will be delivered within 30 days after receipt of full payment unless agreed as part of the contract. If Drainstore.com are unable to meet the 30 day deadline for delivery, then we will inform the customer prior to expiry of this period. At this point a new delivery date will be agreed by mutual consent.
14. Customers will be informed of the delivery date of items and must ensure that appropriate arrangements are available to offload, accept, check and sign for goods on site. Should persons not be available to accept goods, items will not be left without a signature. In this instance, the items will be returned to the appropriate depot and delivered on the next available date. A charge may be made for this in line with the manufacturers restocking policy.
15. Any shortages in an order should be notified to Drainstore.com within 24 hours of delivery.
16. On occasions pipework will be delivered on articulated transport vehicles with a length of over 13 metres. Please ensure that if there are any access restrictions full details are specified at the time of order. Should Drainstore.com not be informed of restrictions and items are returned to stock, a restocking charge of 25% may be levied by the manufacturers.
17. Should a customer wish to cancel an order, then under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, written notice of cancellation should be given to Drainstore.com within seven working days after receipt of the goods. Should goods be ordered on a bespoke basis, then these products are not covered by the seven working days cancellation rights.
18. Should an order be cancelled prior to delivery of a bespoke item, a full refund will be given so long as written cancellation is received before the item has gone into production. If however the item has entered production, there may be a cancellation fee charged by the manufacturers which will be payable by the customer. This fee could be up to 100% of the cost of the item ordered.
19. Where a contract is cancelled, the customer is obliged under the above regulations to ensure that reasonable care is taken of any goods received and 'restore' them to us. This does not mean that the customer is obliged to return them to us unless stipulated in the contract, only that the goods are made available for us to collect.
20. In the case of a cancelled order, should any damage be made to the items between the time of delivery and the time they are returned to us or the manufacturer, or any parts be missing as detailed in the original signed delivery note, then Drainstore.com reserve the right to refuse the return of goods or levy a charge to a maximum of 100% of the cost of the items.
21. Should it be requested that a supplied item be returned or an order cancelled on or after delivery, then Drainstore.com reserve the right to recover any transportation charge relating to the return of the item to the manufacturer. The charge for this transportation will be limited to £600.00 plus VAT for the return delivery.
22. In the case of a cancelled order, Drainstore.com will return the customers money as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 days of receiving the written notice of cancellation.
23. If payment for the goods is under a related credit agreement, the customers cancellation notice also has the effect of cancelling the credit agreement.
24. Drainstore.com do not accept liability for delays associated with missed or late deliveries due to adverse traffic problems, weather conditions or vehicle breakdowns. Transport is sub contracted and various hauliers can be used to transport your materials. We would suggest that the delivery of any concrete or machinery to assist with the installation of the units is deferred until the ordered items are on site to avoid any unnecessary costs.
25. Drainstore.com do not accept responsibility for the installation of any units when these are sold on a supply only basis. Full installation instructions will be provided with the units and by prior request before delivery. Should it be necessary for technical information to be provided, or a site visit, then additional charges may be levied at the sum of £75 per hour plus VAT, charged in 15 minute intervals. The cost would also be levied on any travelling time to site.
26. Where a sewage treatment plant, pumping station or rainwater harvester is sold on a supply only basis, it is always recommended that commissioning of the unit is carried out by an authorised engineer. This will ensure the best performance for the unit and that any warranty for the item is validated. Should you require details of the cost of this service, please contact either Drainstore.com direct or an authorised engineer prior to purchase of the unit.
27. Should the sewage treatment plant not be commissioned in accordance with the above recommendations, Drainstore.com do not accept responsibility for the effluent quality produced by the unit.
28. Where a sewage treatment plant, pumping station or rainwater harvester is sold on a supply only basis, it is always recommended that servicing of the unit is carried out by an authorised engineer in accordance with the manufacturers recommended servicing intervals. This will ensure that the best performance results are achieved in respect of this item. Should you require details of the cost of this service, please contact either Drainstore.com direct or an authorised engineer.
29. Should a sewage treatment plant not be serviced in accordance with the above recommendations, Drainstore.com do not accept responsibility for the effluent quality produced by the unit.
30. Please note that pumping stations will be supplied fit for the pumping of the appropriate waste matter agreed at specification stage. Should third party items be put into the system such as nappies, sanitary towels or non dissolvable wipes, Drainstore.com do not accept responsibility for the malfunction of the unit.
31. Should there be a delay between the physical installation of the pumping chamber and the commissioning of the unit, under no circumstances should the pump be left in the dry chamber or submerged in water as this could damage the mechanical seal. Should this happen and the seal is water damaged the pump will not be covered under the warranty.
32. Should Drainstore.com be called out on a warranty call and a third party item be found to be the cause of the fault, then the customer will be liable for the repair, time on site and travel costs of the engineer. Travel and time on site costs will be levied at the current rate of £49.75 per hour plus VAT. Mileage costs are currently 48 pence per mile plus VAT. This fee is required to be paid in full up front before the engineer leaves for site.
33. All items supplied are guaranteed for the periods stipulated by the manufacturers. Full details of these periods are available from either Drainstore.com or from the manufacturers direct.
34. Should a supplied item supplied be faulty, then the customer should initially contact Drainstore.com to report the fault. In the case of a faulty electrical item, then Drainstore.com will request that the faulty item be returned for examination. The carriage cost will be borne by the customer and paid prior to the replacement. The cost of removal of the item and re fitting of the replacement will be borne by the customer.
35. Should the fault be found to be a valid warranty claim, then the item will be exchanged under the terms of the guarantee and all monies will be returned to the customer.
36. However, if it can be ascertained that damage has been caused to the item after the delivery to site, the full cost of the item and delivery charges will be passed onto the customer prior to a replacement part being dispatched.
37. Should a customer request a new item immediately and before the faulty item is received back for examination, then the cost of the item and carriage will be paid up front prior to despatch.
38. Once the item has been received for examination, and should the fault be found to be a valid warranty claim, then all monies will be returned to the customer within 48 hours.
39. Drainstore.com will not assist with the specification of any product, but it is the responsibility of the customer to advise of any invert levels relating to the site.
40. Drainstore.com do not accept liability for the installed system’s failure to perform due to incorrect design based on misinformation or misinterpretation of information and where design of the proposed system has been prior to our involvement with the project.
41. No retention money shall be held without previous agreement, which should be negotiated prior to the letting of the contract and in writing.
42. It should be noted that if for any reason Environment Agency or Local Authority consent is required, Drainstore.com do not undertake to obtain this consent unless requested and agreed.
43. Drainstore.com do not undertake to locate existing pipework and/or services or determination of combined systems, i.e. surface and foul water unless previously discussed and agreed. The undertaking of this work can be classified as additional work and a charge may be levied.
44. Drainstore.com do not take responsibility for the design criteria of the chosen drainage, sewage treatment plant or pumping station. This is to be carried out by the customer prior to order.
45. It is the customer's responsibility to obtain confirmation from the relevant Local Authority Building Services Building Inspector that pumping stations are fit for purpose and comply with the current Building Regulations in respect of 24 hour retentive capacity.
46. Any dispute regarding works or our invoice must be notified to this office within 7 days of the delivery date or will be deemed invalid.
47. Drainstore.com operate within the regulations set down in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, the full details of which can be found on the Office of Public Sector Information website.
48. By placing an order either verbally or in writing, it is deemed that the above terms and conditions have been read and fully understood prior to the order placement. These terms and conditions are printed on the reverse of all invoices issued by Drainstore.com and on request.
49. Should an order for pipework be received, there will be a minimum order value of £506.00 + VAT after discount to qualify for free delivery. Should the order value be less than £506.00, then a delivery charge of up to £60.00 + VAT will be levied. Please ask for further details.
50. Drainstore.com offered a free service on all sewage treatment plants and pumping stations sold from 1st July 2012 until 31st October 2013. However this service must be carried out within the first 12 months from the date of delivery and within the period recommended by the manufacturer for the first service interval. Please note that different manufacturers have different servicing intervals and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the service is carried out in the specified time. Details of the servicing intervals can be found in the product literature or by calling Drainstore.com direct. The free service is subject to the customer entering into a 3 year service contract. This service is based on the system being installed on the UK mainland only. This free service is no longer available.
|Copyright © Drainstore 2013. Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire|
Unit 5 , Delves Road , Heanor Gate Industrial Park , Heanor , Derbyshire, DE75 7SJ, United Kingdom